The best easy, moist Banana Bread recipe that everyone will love! Plus, you can have it at breakfast, lunch or dinner! Who doesn’t love that?
Banana Cake? Banana Loaf? Banana Bread? Or Banana Cake Loaf Bread? Which one is it. I feel as though there are so many names given to what I personally used to refer to as ‘Banana Cake’. I recall the early days of when I first started baking and googling Banana Cake recipes only to find that banana bread, along with a plethora of similar names such as banana loaf or banana loaf cake would often be at the top of my search results too. My young, naive, teen self felt pretty puzzled. When I read the words ‘Banana Bread’, I would envision a bland slab of bread that I would toast and spread my butter on for breakfast with a hint of banana. It was no where near the moist, decadent, sweet and scrumptious ‘Banana Cake’ that I would often order in cafes and enjoy with a warm drink for tea or as a dessert.
To say the least, I was certainly and most definitely, 100% confused.com.
After scouring the internet and comparing recipes the penny finally dropped… they were all the SAME thing. After I got that confusion out of the way I finally got down to the fun bit.
I’ve experimented with a myriad of recipes and ingredients over the years and settled on this Best Banana Bread recipe as the perfect and only recipe you will ever need. I mean EVER (for banana bread that is).
I’ve found it’s also a brilliant accomplice when your feeling under the weather. It seems to have a similar comforting effect to home made Chicken Noodle Soup.
Anyway, so is it just me or as soon as you offer someone home made Banana Bread their eyes just light up? You’ve made their day and you become their new favourite person?
Try it and you’ll see exactly what I mean.
No really, this recipe is a keeper and when others try this home made Banana Bread that you have so lovingly made for them and they tell you how much they love it, you’ll know exactly what I mean all over again 🙂
I was actually baking this Best Banana Bread whilst at my sister Husna’s house after visiting her after what felt like forever. We were getting ready for a long overdue catch up and so I knew I had to bake this Best Banana Bread as the perfect accomplice to our evening.
I originally would use white granulated sugar alone in this recipe, but to my displeasure I found that she had ran out and had just enough for 1/3 cup. So I ended up having to use 1/3 cup white granulated sugar and 1/3 cup brown Demerara sugar. I felt slightly disheartened as I thought that it might not taste as delicious as my tried and tested recipe, but boy was I wrong. The sweet ripe bananas combined with the brown sugar added an almost caramelised texture to the bread. The balance of flavours tasted brilliant and went down a treat. It was practically demolished by the whole family in a matter of minutes!
P.S. Can you guess how many times I used the word Banana in this post?
Yup a lot right? I think i’ll stop gushing about this recipe to you now and let you have a go at making it. I know you, your friends and family will love it!
- 2 medium eggs (120g), beaten
- ½ cup (115g) butter, softened
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (67g) white granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (60g) brown demerara sugar
- ½ tea spoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- ½ tea spoon salt
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- PRE-HEAT the oven to 180 °C/350 °F/Gas Mark 4.
- COMBINE the eggs, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl using a whisk.
- ADD the all purpose flour, sugar, ground cinnamon, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl. Combine using a wooden spoon.
- ADD the dry ingredients to the to the wet ingredients one third at a time, mixing in between using a whisk.
- STIR in the mashed banana
- POUR the mixture into a loaf tin that is lined with baking paper.
- BAKE in the oven for 45 - 50 minutes. Insert a fine skewer into the centre of the loaf – it should come out clean when it’s ready.
- COOL for 30 minutes and serve